Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Quilting Query

So for Mother's Day I got the first of many quilt related gifts.

(mine are much prettier, but you get the idea)

I have a list a mile long.

I'm the kind of person that thinks she needs

everything

before she can get started on a project.

Well,
Not this time.
I'm diving in.
Taking the initiative and flying with it.
Solo,
I might add.

Hubby has decided to refrain from having an opinion
on anything fabric, quilt or sewing/crafty related.
I can't blame him.

I ask the same questions over and over.
And OVER.

But I need reassurance.
I need to know I'm right.
I need someone to agree with me.
Or tell me what to do!

with these...

These sheets.

These $4
grocery store
sale sheets.

They are a quilt.
Can you see it?

You might have to squint.
I've been squinting so hard I'm cross eyed.
They're still in their packaging.
I'm unsure.

I know I can do it.
Then I turn the computer off.

zzzzpft.
fiZzle.
PoP!
flat lined.
creativity. dead.

I think I'm just going to take Jodi's advice and just start slicing and dicing.
We'll see where I end up.

Honestly.
I just can't wait to get started.
I just have to get up the nerve.

And maybe just buy a few more necessities...
just to be sure I'm prepared.

Isn't that the quilter's motto?

"Always be prepared?"

oh, never mind.

That's the Girl Guides motto.

Well, maybe I could work on my quilting badge.

* giggle *

1 comment:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your new machine looks wonderful! Love the sheets you have bought for your quilt. Once you have started cutting - it gets easier! Sometimes I like to make up sample blocks before deciding on the final design.