Friday, July 31, 2009

CHEESED OFF!


Okay...
Let me preface this in saying

if you own Kraft Foods International,

work for Kraft,

create recipes for Kraft
(which I totally appreciate!),

or know someone linked to Kraft in some way...

Please pass on the message that I am ANNOYED!!!
Well maybe CHEESED is a better description
and I'll tell you why...

Kraft Cracker Barrel cheese blocks used to be 600 grams.

They've been 600 grams since I was 600 grams!!

Then 2 years ago--I remember it like it was yesterday
(which is probably why it bothers me so much)

without warning they up and reduced their blocks to 540 grams
--and they DID NOT change the price!
In fact it went up!!!

I used to wait for a sale
like $3.99 for a block of cheese normally $8.

Well after that the sales were $4.99
and more recently $5.99

which in all honesty is still a relatively good sale
and I know the cost of food has inflated considerably

but now I was getting less cheese...

Well now I've hit my boiling point.
Kraft has gone and done it again!!


Their blocks of cheese have gotten smaller
now 500 grams

and the regular cost per block?


$9.42!!!


So far the sale price is sticking at $5.99
but I see this changing too...

I think I might have to stop cooking with cheese :(

but what's life without cheese?


"Dear Kraft representatives,

I'm CHEESED OFF!!"

but not off of cheese :)

How much is Cracker Barrel where you live?
--------------------------------------------------------
p.s. If you're looking for the giveaway, it's one post down--
and you don't need a blog to enter--just leave a way for me to reach you if you win!

5 comments:

Miller Racing Family said...

You are to funny. I have never looked for cracker barrel cheese but I will the next time I am at Walmart. You will probably be able to hear me laughing.
Have a great weekend!

HMaas said...

LOL!!! My kiddos each cheese with every meal - seriously except for breakfast, but if I let them the would, they love cheese, I mean it - LOVE IT!!! I never noticed that the bricks have gotten smaller, but I will be looking now. I am like you and wait till it goes on sale, then I buy about 5-6 bricks. Love cheese - but completely understand why you are cheesed off. Did I ever tell you that you make me laugh!!! Well, you do, thanks for sharing your take on things. Cheers.

djaj said...

No Cracker Barrel here... But the same phenomenon. But I would not be able to mention the price of cheese, this is one of the things we *really* need !

Jodi Nelson said...

I'm sorry but that sort of stuff is plain dishonest! Seriously. And in my book. They're gonna have to answer for it in heaven someday. I have seen this sort of things SO MANY times lately. It makes me sick. And I don't care what anyone say's. Nilla wafers use to be a whole lot bigger than they are now.

Valerie said...

Holy crap they are 500g (I just looked at the brick of marble in the fridge), I honestly didn't notice before, those evil monkeys!!

I wait until they're on sale for $4.99, I haven't seen cheaper than that in eons.