Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Good to the last bowl

My father in law is a very smart man.
He's a thinker.
and he's WAAAAAAY too practical--it almost hurts!
But truly the man is a genius!
If you've got a problem--he's got the solution.
sometimes his solutions astound you and you think
"Hey, why didn't I think of that?!"
but you didn't.
He did.
Like breakfast cereal.
I love it.
mmmmm....Lucky Charms....mmmm
exept the last bowl.
seriously.
here's a close up on the crumbs that make up that last bowl of cereal.
I hate crumb-y cereal.
It makes you just want to open a new box.
But that would be a waste.
What does dad say?
Pull out a colander.
Pour crumb-y cereal into said colander/strainer.
(you'll be wanting to do this over a garbage can)
Now shake, shake, shake the crumb-ies out!
Seriously changed cereal for me forever.
I'm not exaggerating.

He's a keeper, my father in law.
A real innovator.

I told him he could market this concept.
Sell colanders for way more than they're worth...
He laughed.
Yep.
Love that man and all his practical answers to my cereal conundrums.

4 comments:

Miller Racing Family said...

Never would have thought of that. You truly have a keeper!

Emily said...

It seems so simple but you're right, I never would have thought of it!!

Jen Sue Wild said...

Ditto I never would have thought of that.. Great tip!!

Karin Schueller said...

BRILLIANT. Love it. Doing it. For SURE. :)