Wednesday, February 3, 2010

for the love of garlic

*EDIT*--some were having trouble clicking on the pic to enlarge the recipe so I've given the proper measurements through out this post :)
Creamy Blender Salad Dressing oooooohhhhhhhh
it's soooo yummy!

I make it the lazy way and use my hand blender right in the bowl
just 'cause I can't stand to wash out my blender after :)
I know, I'm lazy....

Okay here we go...

dump in
one clove minced garlic (YUM)
1 tsp dry mustard powder
1/4 tsp pepper
1 egg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil (do not use olive oil)
Blend it all up!

my kiddos think it is so fun to watch it get all thick.
it gets REALLy thick!

then add the 3 tbsp. vinegar..
blend again and TA DA!

oh yum.

it's spicy from a serious hit of garlic
and oh so creamy!
if you love garlic you will love this on a caesar salad with bacon and croutons

The recipe is found in an old out of print cookbook

by Susan Mendelson
called "Let Me In The Kitchen"

I have tried and tried to get my hands on another copy, to no avail
if you've got it and don't use it,
let me know and I will seriously pay you for it!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks so good!

Miller Racing Family said...

This looks so good. We are huge fans of garlic and onions. I think I would choose not to use the blender either, so much to clean up. That is what elbow grease if for, lol.
Have a great day!

Jennifer Anderson said...

Hey Kel,
Do you think you could pass on this recipe to me? I'd guess on the amounts of things but I might mess it up!
Thanks,
Jen